11.23.2010

tips n' tricks: packing for a weekend getaway

 {via}

A few weekends ago, my fiance and I went to Santa Barbara to location scout for our wedding.  It's called the "American Riviera"a perfect way to capture this quaint city next to the Pacific!

I get a little obsessive about packing (ask any of my closest friends) and usually start the process several days (sometimes up to a week...) before I leave.  I used to be an over-packer, then started not packing enough, and now I think I've got it just right. 

For this 4-day/3-night trip, I knew I needed outfits I could layer, since the temperatures were hovering in the low 60s.  Here's what made my list:
- pair of Habitual jeans (darker wash so I could dress them up or down)
- pair of Citizens of Humanity black jeggings (these are my most comfortable pair of pants)
- Madewell dress
- grey slouchy tee
- Madewell silk blouse
- white v-neck tee
- grey J.Crew Infinity cardigan
- black Aritzia boyfriend blazer
- black J.Crew utility jacket
- black J.Crew lace top
- black Elizabeth & James laser-cut suede flats
- black patent Via Spiga mary jane pumps
- Bensimons
- Havaianas

My philosophy is always to pack things that are neutral in color so you can pull outfits together quickly and easily, and accessorize with
colorful scarves and jewelry

Our trip was so much fun—Santa Barbara is such a pretty place and we even made a day trip to Los Olivos (in the Santa Ynez Valley) for a hike and  a delicious dinner in wine country.  More importantly, we accomplished our goal and found a place to get married!

No comments:

Post a Comment