1.19.2011

excited for spring...

I'm not sure if it's the warmer weather here in Seattle, or that it's January and I'm feeling in a wardrobe rut, but I am already getting really excited for spring!

Here are some color trends I'm looking forward to seeing in just a few (short?) months, as featured in Refinery29...



 Pink!  But more specifically, honeysuckle pink (a bright, almost reddish hue),
which was voted color of the year by Pantone
{Peter Som, Jil Sander, Nina Ricci, Valentino}
 
 Orange in a warm, persimmon hue.  I love how bright and fun it is!
{Vena Cava, Prada, J. Crew, Versace} 
 
Yellow is one of my favorite colors anyway—with this range from butter to mustard
(and the added zest of pairing it with pink) brings it to the top of my list.
{Christopher Kane, VPL, Jason Wu, Nina Ricci} 
Blue, a classic color, takes a trendy leap with a variety of shades
(from sky to navy to aqua).  I am particularly drawn to how amazing the 
sky blue pants look with the bronzy rust top on the left!
{Diane von Furstenberg, J.Crew, Proenza Schouler, DKNY} 
Earth tones will be a nice go-to this spring for an all over neutral look 
or to pair with the other spring colors above.
{Vanessa Bruno, Rag & Bone, United Bamboo, Marc Jacobs} 
White is always a great color for the warmer summer months, but bringing it into your wardrobe early this spring is a must!  I love that you can find this color anywhere and everywhere, and in drapey soft fabrics, or something more structured and crisp.
{Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein Collection, Derek Lam, Peter Pilotto} 
   
{all images via Refinery29}
Stay tuned for more spring inspiration in an upcoming post!








3 comments:

  1. OMG! I look so hot in those colors, I can barely wait! As soon as I see my first daffodil, that's my sign, I will be all OVER those pinks!

    ReplyDelete